Progress:

SO the vines have been in the Earth for a month now- I am officially pronouncing 6 of them dead# 6,12,16, 19, 20 & 21. I really can’t say what has caused them to fail so badly- Each vine has gotten the exact same treatment. 


I contacted NovaVine- and they mentioned that the expected failure rate of their vines is 2%- I am at 30%. SO they have graciously began the process of sending me 6 replacement vines- Barefoot this time as opposed to the Potted grafts I received at first. They insured me that the stronger root system of bare root vines will make them heartier- so Ill wait for them and see- they should be arriving the first week of May- I’ll have to leave them outside for a few days to acclimate them to the climate -as they are coming out of cold storage and immediate planting would put them into shock-


In other news I went through and took care of all the tiny leaks in the irrigation line, which meant replacing several sections of my main 5/8″ line and resetting the corresponding 1/4″ stem lines. I also switched out a few drip heads, as some were streaming rather than dripping. 

I also added a stair to the raised area where 19,20 & 21 are for easier access when walking through the vineyard, as well as pruning some surrounding trees, plants and our large and over-grown Yucca tree.


image
image

 This is #2 and #3

image